PADI IDC STAFF INSTRUCTOR
The PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course (IDCS)
As a seasoned PADI Instructor, you have wisdom and experience to share with up-and-coming PADI leaders. And, you know that continuing your education never ends.
As an Instructor Development Course or PADI IDC Staff Instructor, you help bring up the next generation of PADI Instructors while gaining in-depth instructor-trainer knowledge.
The Fun Part
Because a PADI IDC Staff Instructor is an integral part of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC), you set the stage for moving on to PADI Course Director as you present topics in the IDC and help shape PADI Divemasters and Assistant Instructors into PADI Open Water Scuba Instructors
What You Learn
• You become a master of instructor-level dive theory, knowledge development teaching presentations and confined water teaching presentations
• You audit a complete IDC as a staff member rather than as a student
Many of dive center or resort management positions require this level of Instructor experience and training, making this an important step if you are considering a career in Dive Center or you want to open a dive shop or resort.
What You Can Teach
In addition to all the courses you can teach as a PADI Instructor can also:
• Teach PADI Assistant Instructor courses.
• Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting the PADI Instructor Development Course.
• Assist PADI Course Directors in conducting instructor-level continuing education.
At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba equipment and some scuba accessories such as a dive slate, dive knife, compass, dive watch, etc.
It is highly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills. You can find most everything at our dive shop or your local dive shop.
What materials are needed?
• PADI Course Director Manual 2010 version
• Confined Water Presentation Evaluation Slate
• Open Water Presentation Evaluation Slate
• Skill Evaluation Cue Card
All required IDC materials
You must be
• a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer
• at least 18 years old
Ask Camille for more detailed information.