DSAT GAS BLENDER
The DSAT Gas Blender course
This course will instruct you in the safe methods of gas blending. As a gas blender you must know and understand the physical properties of oxygen, its various forms and purities, hazards and special handling requirements.
The Fun Part
We'll be looking at the following aspects of oxygen;
• What is Oxygen
• Oxygen Cleaning
• Oxygen Compatible Air
• Gas Blending Methods
• Blending Helium Mixes
What You Learn
This 1 day course is very challenging. Setting up and operating a safe gas mixing facility can only be done by people with the right equipment and knowledge. That is what this course of instruction is all about.
A written exam is administered and it's a challenging exam.
Upon successfully completing the DSAT Gas blender course, you will be able to;
• Blend enriched air blends within one percent of the target mix as measured by oxygen content, following accepted safety protocols and standards.
• List the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies.
• Explain the potential hazards related to handling oxygen and how to manage these hazards.
• Explain and/or demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment such as cylinders, regulators, partial pressure blending systems, etc.
• Describe the requirements for oxygen service.
Prerequisites for the DSAT Gas Blender course;
• Be at least 18 years or older.
• Be certified as a PADI Nitrox Diver or hold a qualifying enriched air certification.
Your Next Adventure
The DSAT Gas blender course is a prerequisite for becoming a DSAT Gas Blender Instructor. Both these courses are offered as a package deal. Please contact me for more information on this specific package deal.
The Gas Blender courses can not be taught at all of my PADI IDC locations I teach at, so please confirm where the courses can be conducted.
Looking forward seeing you on one of the Gas Blender courses and in the meantime you can check out some of my blog posts about Gas Blender courses here.