PADI Course Director
PADI Course Director Training Course
A PADI Course Director is an instructor trainer who conducts PADI Instructor Development Courses and other instructor-level training. A PADI Course Director holds the highest and most respected professional rating in recreational scuba diving. They are among the dive industry’s most influential opinion leaders and role models. Those who join this elite group of professionals pass through a stringent screening process that examines their experience and training just to get into the competitive and demanding Course Director Training Course (CDTC).
In the beginning of 2017 Camille has been awarded the prestigious Platinum Course Director rating by PADI, for the eleventh consecutive year running, the highest rating a PADI Course Director can achieve. This rating is received by less than 80 PADI Course Directors worldwide in 2016 including 25 in the PADI Asia Pacific region and Camille is one of the few Course Directors worldwide who has received this rating straight from the beginning when PADI inaugurated this rating.
In 2009 Camille also received the PADI Award for Instructor Development and he has received well over a dozen 'Certificates of recognition for Excellence' from PADI, reviews written by his former students.
New PADI Course Directors who gained experience as IDCS Instructors by working with Camille during his IDC programs include; Craig Allery in Hong Kong, Ernst van der Poll in Costa Rica, Jean-François Joly in Canada, Chris Azab in Egypt, Richard Reardon, Kevin Black, Il-Do Kim and Paul Meredith in Thailand, Imad Khasfeh in United Arab Emirates and Lebanon, Christophe Condé in the Seychelles, Sue Gibbins in the Philippines, Sander Buis and Joeri van Hal in Indonesia and Allen Rivera who lives and works in South Korea.
The PADI Course Director rating is the equivalent of having a postgraduate degree in scuba diving instruction, there is not a more prestigious level of certification within the dive industry.
Ask Camille for more information on special custom made packages that help you become a PADI Master Instructor and/or PADI Course Director by staffing during his IDC programs. You will get involved in the teaching and evaluation aspects of an IDC and get help with your application. A great way to prepare yourself in a helpful and relaxed manner for your own CDTC course.
What You Learn
During the PADI CDTC, you learn how to conduct PADI Instructor Development programs and gain experience in developing scuba educators. The PADI CDTC is conducted by PADI Office Staff.
What You Can Teach
After successful completion of the PADI CDTC you can teach the following PADI courses and programs:
• PADI Instructor Development Courses (IDCs) and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) programs
• PADI IDC Staff Instructor courses
• PADI Status Updates
• After certification as a PADI Specialty instructor Trainer, you can also teach PADI Specialty Instructor Courses
At a glance, compare what you can teach when you continue your professional diver education.
The Prerequisites for This Course
To take this course, you must:
• Be a renewed, teaching status PADI Master Instructor for at least the past six months
• Have no verified Quality Assurance complaints for at least the past 12 months
• Conduct all PADI certification courses and experience programs using methods consistent with PADI Standards and philosophy as outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual for at least the past 12 months.
• Exclusively use the complete PADI System of diver education including all appropriate PADI training materials for at least the past 12 months.
• Certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
• Have staffed at least two complete IDCs after being certified as a PADI IDC Staff Instructor
• Certified as a current Emergency First Response Instructor Trainer
• Experience working with a PADI dive shop or resort
• Have a minimum of 250 logged dives
• Meet all other requirements as specified by PADI at the time of application